Senior/Principal Frontend/Full Stack Engineer
San Mateo, CA
We look forward to meeting you.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intellimize helps marketers drive conversions and revenue growth by personalizing websites to deliver the right experience to each visitor on any device. We automate this using machine learning. Leading companies rely on Intellimize to deliver more revenue, faster, and with less work than traditional A/B testing or rules based personalization.
The company was founded in 2016 by an experienced ad tech marketer and two experienced machine learning leaders who had previously worked at Yahoo, Twitter, and BrightRoll. Intellimize is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, and backed by leading early stage investors including Homebrew, Hone Capital, Precursor Ventures, and Pear Ventures.
A few more things about us
- We are entrepreneurs with deep experience in paid digital media and personalization.
- We had experience building massive-scale personalized recommendation systems at Yahoo.
- We move fast. We are data-driven. We get things done.
- We believe in the philosophy of “customers as true north”.
- We believe in the importance of work/life balance to do your very best work.
- Your code is the gold standard of what elegant code looks like.
- You have experience with frameworks such as Angular, React, and Express. You know the pros and cons of these frameworks. You are the lost manual of how to effectively use these frameworks.
- You have great understanding of web security. You take great pride in writing secure code.
- You enjoy being challenged. You have been the go-to person for your team when they need help to solve tough architectural and technical problems.
- You thrive in fast-paced environment. You like short dev cycles. You adapt. You are comfortable getting started with minimal information and can bring clarity via rapid iterations.
- You believe in “customers as true north”. You can put on your product hat when you solve technical problems. You exercise your creativity, intuition, and empathy for customers to solve problems in a pragmatic way.
- You have at least 7 years of software experience after your college degree (preferably technical like CS).
What you’ll do
- You will be the go-to expert on all things about web technologies.
- You will design, implement, and iterate on all end-to-end aspects of our analytics web app.
- You will set FE technical bar for the team. You will mentor junior engineers.
- You will optimize to reduce latency and improve web app performance.
- You will make judgement calls on how new technologies can be leveraged in our tech stack.
- Your technical ability will be stretched. Yes, really.
- You will get to own a large chunk of the tech stack.
- You get to solve many interesting problems that do not have clear paths to solutions.
- You get to experience what it’s like to be a technical leader in the early days of a fast-growing start-up.
- You get to work with great people and you get to shape the DNA of the company.
- Yes, you get competitive salary, equity, and benefits (health, dental, vision, and 401k).